Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from an aunt of mine and it's a family favorite! We were always asked to make this for church luncheons back home. (I used to be able to buy a can of veggie burger that was used like minced hamburger meat. I think the brand name was Loma Linda; but any veggie meat will do. The recipe ingredients keep on changing to 'veggie burgers', so I thought I'd clarify that)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 6 slices cubed whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (20 ounce) can veggie burgers
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In skillet, melt margarine and sauté onions and bread cubes.
- In bowl, combine onion, bread and all other ingredients.
- Press out into oiled baking dish.
- Mix glaze and pour over top of loaf. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.