My DH was ordering so many of these pie slices I decided to find a copy!! He still orders from BK every once in a great while!!!
- Whip the cream cheese until softened.
- Blend in powdered sugar, cool-whip and vanilla extract.
- Put into crust and smooth out top.
- Make pudding as directed on box for a pie, using only 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Top pie with pudding mixture and smooth out top.
- Finish with Cool Whip and chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate until set.
Is the chocolate pudding regular (cooked) or instant?
I was very pleased with this pie recipe. Both the chocolate and the cream cheese layer are very light tasting. The pie cut beautifully also. I used Hershey's Chocolate Crumb Crust Hershey's Chocolate Crumb Crust. Be sure to buy the large size Cool Whip so you have enough to layer on top of the chocolate layer. Better yet, make your own real whipped cream. That would be extra good. I topped my pie with mini chocolate chips, rather than chocolate shavings.
It was really good but to me it didn't taste like BK's Hershey Pie.