Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
I love these onion rings. They are the only things that I eat from Burger King.
- 2 medium white onions
- 1 -2 cup milk
- 1 -2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil, to deep fry
- Finely chop the onions and mix with half the breadcrumbs and 1 tbsp of the milk.
- Take about 2 tbsp of the mixture and shape into small rings. Freeze in freezer on a foil lined baking sheet for about an hour.
- Take the rings out of the freezer and set aside.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, mix garlic powder in with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- In another medium bowl, mix together flour and milk.
- Now to bread all of the onion rings: First dip an onion into the milk and flour mixture. Then dip into into the breadcrumbs.
- Fry a handful of the rings at a time for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove rings from the oil onto a rack or paper towels to drain.
- Lightly salt them and serve them immediately.