Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Burger King Breakfast Sausage Patties recipe from Food.com.
- 7 ounces ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine the pork, maple syrup, onion powder, salt, sage, black pepper, red-pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
- With hands or a fork, mix to blend well.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a 4" patty.
- Place in a plastic container lined with waxed paper.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
5 stars from the family. We live in China and nothing comes close to any type of sausage from the states. Thanks for helping the expats out!
These were very tasty and tender. I especially enjoyed the sweetness of the maple syrup and the spiciness of the red pepper flakes. I thought the sage was a little too overpowering. I think next time I am going to halve the sage (personal preference). Made for Top Favorites of 2009 Tag Game.
Made as directed. I suggest these are better than Burger King! My husband suggests increasing the amount of sage. Thanks, Messiejessie625! Made for My Three Chefs event.