- 7 ounces ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the pork, maple syrup, onion powder, salt, sage, black pepper, red-pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
- With hands or a fork, mix to blend well.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a 4" patty.
- Place in a plastic container lined with waxed paper.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.