Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 12 hrs
Cook 10 mins
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BK_grilled_chicken_sandwiches. The original BK broiler was served with a dill ranch sauce and on a oat dusted bun. Some say it had mayonnaise- So use which one you remember! one chicken breast produces 2 sandwiches. You can use a wheat bun that has oats on top or just use a sesame seed bun like on the whopper and use which sauce you remember. it would be easy just to add dill to your ranch dressing, but I personally don't think it makes a difference.
- make marinade in medium bowl.
- pound chicken filets flat between saran wrap.
- marinate chicken for at the very least 4 hours (overnight is the desired of course for maximum flavor).
- heat grill on high heat and grill chicken 3-4 minutes per side over a medium heat, mindful of flare ups.
- toast buns slightly (remember @ bk they go through on a little conveyer belt).
- spread your ranch on the top bun (or mayo if you prefer) then put lettuce and tomatoes (about 2 slices per bun). add your hot grilled chicken and serve.
- **i actually remember eating these with a little ranch on the side to dip in**.
I've been marinating my chicken this way for years! Its great. Who wudda thunk that marinating in water would make it so moist and tender. PS its mayonnaise not ranch (how I remember). But ranch sounds like it might be good. It says something to the thick skulled executives at Burger King when people are copying a recipe that they discontinued. BK used to be the best until they launched the BK broiler and changed their fries.