Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Burger King BK Big Fish copycat can be prepared in less than twenty minutes The secret to the delightfulness of this sandwich is in the BK Tartar Sauce.
- 1 cod fish fillet (about 3.5 oz)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 hamburger bun
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 tablespoon tartar sauce (*BK tartar sauce recipe at the end of directions)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- - Beat egg white and milk together until well blended.
- - Combine flour and salt in another bowl. Mix well.
- - Dip the fish into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then bread crumbs. Make sure they all coat the fish completely and evenly.
- - Lightly spray a nonstick baking sheet with olive oil. Place the fish on the baking sheet.
- - Bake in a preheated 450° oven for about 7 minutes (or until the breading is crisp). Flip the fish and bake for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- - Meanwhile, toast the hamburger bun in a preheated skillet.
- - Put the bun bottom on a plate. Top with fish, cheese, lettuce and tartar sauce. Flip the bun top onto the sandwich. And voila, a very yummy meal!
- *BK TARTAR SAUCE - Combine ¼ cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish and 2 teaspoons corn syrup in a bowl. Stir well. This should make about 1/3 cup tartar sauce and can be refrigerated for up to a month in an airtight container.