Recipe by Kana K.
Burger King BK Big Fish copycat can be prepared in less than twenty minutes The secret to the delightfulness of this sandwich is in the BK Tartar Sauce.
- 1 cod fish fillet (about 3.5 oz)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 hamburger bun
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 tablespoon tartar sauce (*BK tartar sauce recipe at the end of directions)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- - Beat egg white and milk together until well blended.
- - Combine flour and salt in another bowl. Mix well.
- - Dip the fish into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then bread crumbs. Make sure they all coat the fish completely and evenly.
- - Lightly spray a nonstick baking sheet with olive oil. Place the fish on the baking sheet.
- - Bake in a preheated 450° oven for about 7 minutes (or until the breading is crisp). Flip the fish and bake for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- - Meanwhile, toast the hamburger bun in a preheated skillet.
- - Put the bun bottom on a plate. Top with fish, cheese, lettuce and tartar sauce. Flip the bun top onto the sandwich. And voila, a very yummy meal!
- *BK TARTAR SAUCE - Combine ¼ cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish and 2 teaspoons corn syrup in a bowl. Stir well. This should make about 1/3 cup tartar sauce and can be refrigerated for up to a month in an airtight container.