Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just what the recipes says! And looks really pretty!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced dried chives
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard, start with 1 Tbl. first, taste, then add from there if desired
- 2 (11 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour,potato flakes and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in chives.
- Stir in milk to form dough.
- Using back of spoon, form crust by pressing dough up 3/4 of sides of 10 or 12-cup greased and lightly floured Bundt pan.
- In very large frying pan or Dutch oven, brown ground beef; drain.
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients; blend well.
- Spoon into crust.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes.
- Cool upright in pan 10 minutes; invert onto serving plate.
- Serve with additional catsup and mustard, if desired. 10 - 12 servings.
- Recipe may be halfed for 6-cup Bundt pan. Decrease baking time 10 minutes.
- You can also kick this up a knotch by adding/subbing BBQ sauce, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, green chilies, diced tomatoes (fresh or canned/drained), sweet or dill pickle relish, cooked/crumbled bacon, etc -- .
I have made this for many years, its my April Fool's Dinner. Every year I tell the kids that they are having cake for dinner (april Fool's). They think it is awesome, and its something different for the kids, which they love. My only difference is that I bake the Meat in the Bundt, and then I frost it with the mashed potatoe's. great recipe!!!
Made this past weekend for our new son in law who loves burgers and is a very 'meat and potatoes' guy. He adored this and dh loved it too! DD went home with the recipe! Made a quick and easy meal while we waited for Ike to strike. Thanks Wildflour! *Made for Bevy Tag*
Oh my gosh...someone was looking for a recipe in a bundt pan...and I was bragging how good this one is..then noticed...I never reviewed it!! I've made this several times (makes a ton) great for casual dinner with friends! (also have handed this recipe out to several people with teenagers lol) Thanks for posting!