1/1 Photo of Burger Elegance With Mushroom Sauce
Elegant, gourmet bunless burgers (or you can call them hamburger steaks) topped with a yummy mushroom and onion sauce. These burgers are excellent for entertaining because they look so fancy, and taste even fancier!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated and divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning (I recommend Grill Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, garlic, bell pepper, serrano, parsley, 1/2 the pepper jack cheese, egg, Worcestershire and grill seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Mix gently until all ingredients are combined well.
- 3Form 4 fat patties.
- 4Drizzle olive oil on a platter and coat both sides of the patties with the oil.
- 5Place patties in a hot (medium high flame) skillet. Don't move them! Let the patties caramelize on one side before flipping, then let them caramelize on the other side.
- 6When patties are done, transfer to a platter. Top each patty with 1/4 of the remaining cheese. Cover with a foil tent and place into a warm oven to melt the cheese. The foil tent helps the patties retain their juiciness.
- 7In the same skillet, drizzle in the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- 8Saute the onions and mushrooms until the mushrooms are a nice, rich brown, then season with salt and pepper.
- 9Deglaze the pan with wine, scraping up all the tasty brown bits. Let the alcohol cook off.
- 10Stir in Worcestershire, milk and mustard. The mixture will thicken up quickly.
- 11Gloss the sauce by dropping the butter into the pan in small chunks and letting it melt. When all the butter is melted, give the pan a final stir.
- 12When you plate the patties, spoon the onion mushroom sauce over each patty.
- 13Garnish with fresh chives.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burger Elegance With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.1
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 201.7 mg
- Sodium 666.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 48.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: