Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from Kraft Foods and the photo was so cute. It showed these little "kabobs" made with meatballs, pineapple and peppers on wooden toothpicks. It was adorable! I have not tried them, but wanted to share them with you. The serving number is based on using toothpicks as the skewers, with one meatball, one pineapple chunk and one piece of pepper per toothpick. Hope you enjoy!
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce (suggest KRAFT Honey Barbecue Sauce or BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce)
- 59.14 ml grape jelly
- 453.59 g meatballs, small, prepared, frozen, should contain 24 meatballs
- 226.79 g can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large red pepper, cut into cubes
- MIX barbecue sauce and jelly in large skillet. Cook and stir on medium heat 2 minute or until jelly melts.
- ADD meatballs to skillet; cook 10 minute or until heated through.
- SKEWER each meatball alternately on long wooden skewer or toothpick with pineapple chunk and red pepper.
When I first saw this recipe, I didn't have any BBQ sauce or grape jelly, but I had the other ingredients and some bottled honey garlic sauce (the thick kind). Worked really great. Super easy, super yummy! Thanks for posting this, I've made it a few times now, it's a combo that I wouldn't have thought of, but everyone really likes it!
This recipe is super easy and delicious and also looks impressive. I'll be making it as an entree and serving it on rice next time. Yummy!
WOW!! What a delcious dish!!! Easy to make and ever better to eat! I used Your Basic Meatballs and made them without freezing them! The sauce thickened up really nicle, and stayed on the meatball real well. Thanks for the recipe Bobtail!