Recipe by internetnut
This came from Betty Crocker's Soups and Stews cookbook. I have not tried this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 ounces uncooked egg noodles (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and onion in 4-quart dutch oven over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in tomato juice, water, frozen peas, basil, marjoram, pepper, bay leaf, and condensed cream of celery soup.
- Heat to boiling.
- Stir in noodles; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
- Remove bay leaf.