Recipe by i_luv_chocolate
This recipie was given to me by my great aunt, she made it when she visited us and it was very yummy, and filling. A very good one-pot meal.
Top Review by Joann
Very tasty but did get a bit sweet. I used a brown sugar bbq sauce, next time I would either use a different sauce of use less of the brown sugar. Also to break it up a bit I think added crumpled up bacon in this recipe would taste so good.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans or 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, any brand
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or brown sugar & splenda)
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in oil.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add salt, pork and beans (or baked beans), barbeque sauce, and brown sugar (or brown sugar/splenda blend).
- Heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into a large greased casserole dish.
- Cut biscuits into halves and arrange in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of casserole.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.