Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I won a contest at 30 day gourmet with this recipe... 8 years ago. :) It's my husband's favorite meal.
- 3 slices bacon, browned and drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients.
- For OAMC, put in freezer bag and freeze.
- To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was very yummy. My husband made a burger out of his. I think I will top it with some tots or cheese next time. My boys love cheese on anything. I also agree that it would make a great dip. I plan to use this one during football season next year as a quick make ahead dip. ROLL TIDE!!
I love this recipe. It is always part of my big OAMC sessions because it is fast, easy and very tasty. We love it served like a dip with tortilla chips when watching "the big game" on TV.