Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy main dish or side dish. The bourbon adds good flavor. From a mid-70's Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and bacon.
- Add the onion and saute until tender.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add the beans and the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Pour into a large casserole and cover.
- Bake, covered for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
There's lots of baked bean recipes out there and this one is one of our favorites. The alcohol (we used whisky) is a nice change. I increased the worcestershire & mustard abit along with adding a dollop of chili sauce. I made this with meatloaf so I left out the ground beef in this recipe & added 1 more can of beans & abit more bacon. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
we made these minus the alcohol and they were very good