Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (NA*ME/Turkey)
- 1⁄2 lb margarine or 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 lb phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt margarine in 13x9" baking pan, layer 6 Filo sheets with melted butter.
- and flicks of water to make bottom crust.
- Brown beef and onion; add seasoniongs. Drain well.
- Place layer of meat on crust.
- Repeat layering until all meat is used.
- Top with remaining layer of Filo, at least 4 sheets.
- Seal edges.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 F or until brown and crusty.
- If not brown, turn on broiler briefly.