Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great japanese side dish that goes well with ginger pork. "Kinpira" is a cooking style used to cook root vegetables. It's often seasoned with soy sauce, mirin and red pepper flakes.
- Soak the burdock root in water for five minutes, rinse and dry well.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, add the burdock root and cook for 1 minute. Add the carrots and cook for 1 minute more.
- Make the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, sugar and mirin together in a small bowl.
- While stirring, add the sauce. Cook over medium heat until the sauce is reduced and the vegetables are slightly softened, about three minutes. Season with red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. This can be kept in the fridge for two or three days.