1/1 Photo of Buona Sera Black Bean Soup
The Zatch's Note:
This makes a great meal when served with cornbread. If you don't want to go the vegetarian route, add 3 chopped boneless chicken breasts (cooked) upon adding the broth. Also, if you don't want such a soupy consistency just omit a can of the broth. Best served in a bowl over white rice. Enjoy! Note: For strict vegetarians, you may substitute the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild picante sauce or 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1In a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Cook onion, celery, carrots, and garlic in oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in low sodium chicken broth, 2 cans of black beans and the corn. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 5Place remaining 2 cans black beans and the picante/salsa in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth. Stir into boiling soup mixture.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve with cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buona Sera Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 799.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 26.3 g