Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom got this great-looking recipe when she was going through a recipe craze as a girl like me! lol All the ingredients are basics that everyone has in the kitchen, so these could be made any time you're in the mood for something sweet and puffy.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add butter and cut into flour mixture with fork until coarse and crumbly.
- Beat eggs slightly with milk and add the the bowl, stirring until dough forms a large ball.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes or until smooth. Roll dough into the size of walnuts and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll each ball on a floured surface into very thin pancakes, about 6 inches in diameter.*.
- Heat oil to 375 degree F and fry once at a time until puffed and golden brown, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Drain on paper towles. Shake bunuelos gently in cinnamon-sugar mixture in a container while still warm.
- *NOTE: You can place these in single layers on waxed paper until ready to fry.
Hello God's_sugarcookie, I can't tell you how embarassed I am! I should written this a long time ago & told you how good these are. I have made them for Christmas eve for at least 2 years now. They are awesome, not diet-friendly, delish, I can't think of enough terms to describe them! They are wonderful! Thanks for posting, Diane:)