Recipe by Jessica K
I love ordering these, soo yummy! They are easy and a good quick dessert. From Texascooking.com.
Top Review by ColiesKitchen
WOW these are AMAZING!! We pay so much for these in our favorite Mexican food joint that now I feel foolish for not looking for this recipe sooner! They are exactly what you pay $4-$8 for after dinner. I made these up on a whim tonight while I was making dinner! I am not sorry I did either. The are cheap, and easy ... I am all about that! What better way to get rid of extra tortilla that just sit in the icebox?Thank you sooo much!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large plastic bag, mixing well. Set aside.
- Cut tortillas into 3x2 inch strips, or just into strips. Fry a few at a time in 1 inch of hot oil (375°F) until crisp and golden, turning once. (Or deep-fry in 375°F oil until golden.)
- Drain on paper towels. While still warm, place a few at a time in sugar mixture in bag. Shake gently to coat. Store in airtight container.