Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love ordering these, soo yummy! They are easy and a good quick dessert. From Texascooking.com.
Make and share this Bunuelos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large plastic bag, mixing well. Set aside.
- Cut tortillas into 3x2 inch strips, or just into strips. Fry a few at a time in 1 inch of hot oil (375°F) until crisp and golden, turning once. (Or deep-fry in 375°F oil until golden.)
- Drain on paper towels. While still warm, place a few at a time in sugar mixture in bag. Shake gently to coat. Store in airtight container.
WOW these are AMAZING!! We pay so much for these in our favorite Mexican food joint that now I feel foolish for not looking for this recipe sooner! They are exactly what you pay $4-$8 for after dinner. I made these up on a whim tonight while I was making dinner! I am not sorry I did either. The are cheap, and easy ... I am all about that! What better way to get rid of extra tortilla that just sit in the icebox?Thank you sooo much!!
These are absolutely, phenomenally delicious and easy. When I read this reicipe, it just so happened I had about 1/4 inch olive oil still in a pan from having just a bit ago finished dinner. I thought what the hell, I've got totillas, why not just do two as a test. One, I did according to your recipe...YUMMY!!!...The other I did "savory", on different strips I tried parm cheese, seasoning salt, lemon pepper, vinegar/pepper. The fact of the matter is these things are way out, and far beyond any store bought snack! You can put about ANYTHING on them, and all are equally delicious, and each tortilla took only about 3 mins to do. Thanks for sharing, and I'll never buy another chip of any kind!