Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
These yummy sandwiches on hard rolls have filling with cheese tuna, egg, and vegetables. This is a recipe from my mom. I loved these growing up and they use pretty basic ingredients too. Filling can be frozen for future use so I tend to just make a huge batch and freeze any leftovers. Recipe calls for velveeta but any processed cheese works great. I don't use velveeta myself, I use cheaper brands. I've used hamburger buns instead of hard rolls and those are good too.
- 12 hard rolls
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 6 ounces tuna
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, chopped finely
- 1 large green pepper, chopped finely
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, chopped finely
- 3 pickles, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Hard boil the eggs and chop all the vegetables and put in large mixing bowl.
- Cut or break the cheese into small pieces and add that. Drain the can of tuna and add it. Mix the filling.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix it some more.
- Stuff each hard roll with some filling.
- Wrap the filled hard rolls up in aluminium foil.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Very satisfying sammich. I added a little horseradish to the mayo and used cheddar on whole wheat hamburger buns.