Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in a recipe book of favorites, called "Country Cooking". Submitted by Doris Anderson, Mooretown,ON. Great for a football game party.
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped olive
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 5 hamburger buns
- Mix together all the ingredients except the buns.
- Split the buns to get 10 halves.
- Put buns onto a cookie sheet, spoon 1/10 of the filling on each bun and put under broiler until lightly brown- watch closely, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
my boyfriends family makes these too during harvesting the hay they wrap them in foil though on hot dog buns they are good and easy and can heat when you want in neb they have used them as fundraisers in the past