Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband and I had our wedding reception at Bunratty Castle in County Clare, Ireland. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and medieval entertainment. These ribs were served at the banquet.
- 5 lbs pork spareribs
Honey Whiskey Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock or 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup demi-glace or 1⁄2 cup condensed chicken broth
- Cover ribs with cold water in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until fork tender, about 1 hour, skimming the water occasionally to remove the.
- Transfer to a large baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the sauce:.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the demi-glace or concentrated chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the sauce reduces by half, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the demi-glace. Pour half the sauce over the ribs and bake, turning once, until the ribs begin to brown, 30-40 minutes.
- Slice the meat into 4 or more ribs per person and serve with remaining sauce.
this sounds like a good one i will try it and get back with you