Recipe by TLizSkinn
Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by The Giggle Box
OK....I am giving this recipe 5 stars for cuteness. :-) I varied a lot from the recipe. First of all, I bought strawberry filling, but it didn't look so good, so I substituted fresh strawberries that had been soaked in sugar. This turned out pretty well. Also, my family is not wild about coconut, so I added green food coloring to 2 tubs of Lite cool whip and used that as the "grass." I then placed Peeps and chocolate eggs over the top. I got lots of oohs and ahhs and giggles at dinner tonight. Everyone seemed to enjoy it too. Thanks for the cool recipe. I think that I will make this again next year.
- 1 frozen pound cake, cut into 10 slices
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling, any flavor
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- green food coloring, optional
- 1 package marshmallows, bunnies
- decorative candies, eggs or jelly beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Line bottom of 9x13 dish with cake slices.
- Top evenly with pie filling.
- Spread all of the cool whip over filling.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Before serving tint coconut green, to desired color.
- Sprinkle over cool whip.
- Sit bunnies on top of"grass" and place eggs around bunnies.