Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from "Hey Mom! I'm Hungry" cookbook
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix carrot, egg, cheese, and chives.
- Add flour and baking powder, stir.
- Spoon batter equally among muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
I made mine into mini muffins,subbing eggs for the egg substitute (1 egg per 1/4 cup). I cut back back on the cooking time,as they were smaller (just under 20 mins),but I think that they could have done with a little less still.Next time,I think that 12-15 mins for the mini variety would be ample.I would also give it a go with some cheddar,as for my taste they could have been a bit cheesier. A really quick and simple little recipe,that's perfect for the children as an out and about snack or party food. Thanks Sam.Made for PRMR.