- 4 eggs
- 8 slices whole wheat bread (or favourite sandwich bread)
- 4 slices light process cheddar cheese (or your favourite cheese)
- green peppers or frozen peas
- red peppers or purple onion
- fresh chives or green onion
- margarine, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut a hole in the centre of 4 slices of bread using a 3-1/2 inch egg shaped cookie cutter (a circular cookie cutter will also work); set the inner "hole" aside.
- Butter remaining 4 bread slices and place butter side down on baking sheet.
- Top each with a cheese slice and a piece of bread with a hole in it; break one egg into each hole.
- Top eggs with 2 frozen peas or green pepper for eyes, a red pepper triangle for the nose, and chives for whiskers (this decorating also works after baking, if desired).
- Bake 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the egg is set but slightly runny. Check frequently as the eggs set quickly.
- Remove from oven, cut the bread "hole" in half to use as bunny ears (you may stick these on with a bit of cream cheese or spread cheese, if desired).
- TIP: toast bunny ears during the last 5 minutes that the egg is cooking.