1/1 Photo of Bunny in the Hole Sandwich
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Cute and easy sandwiches kids will love for Easter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut a hole in the centre of 4 slices of bread using a 3-1/2 inch egg shaped cookie cutter (a circular cookie cutter will also work); set the inner "hole" aside.
- 3Butter remaining 4 bread slices and place butter side down on baking sheet.
- 4Top each with a cheese slice and a piece of bread with a hole in it; break one egg into each hole.
- 5Top eggs with 2 frozen peas or green pepper for eyes, a red pepper triangle for the nose, and chives for whiskers (this decorating also works after baking, if desired).
- 6Bake 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the egg is set but slightly runny. Check frequently as the eggs set quickly.
- 7Remove from oven, cut the bread "hole" in half to use as bunny ears (you may stick these on with a bit of cream cheese or spread cheese, if desired).
- 8TIP: toast bunny ears during the last 5 minutes that the egg is cooking.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bunny in the Hole Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 240.9 mg
- Sodium 539.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 18.6 g