Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was invented by Playboy's Executive Chef Charles Pollard back in the 1960s and was served at some of the Playboy Clubs. I obtained it from a vintage newspaper article. Serve it with chips, vegetable sticks or crackers at your next retro-themed cocktail party!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- Combine Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Mayonnaise, Lemon Juice and Worcesteshire Sauce.
- Stir in Minced Onion, Garlic Salt and White Pepper.
- Finally, fold in green onion and bacon.
- Serve with chips, vegetable sticks or crackers and enjoy!
I have been making this dip since the middle 60s. The only difference is my recipe calls for 9 pieces of bacon. It has been a family favorite for years.
When working with this recipe, I did substitute 1/4 cup of Hormel's Real Bacon Pieces for the slices of bacon listed, which I thought was no real biggie, & the dip was delightful! We had it with some veggies & also with some of the large corn scoops! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]