Recipe by Sharon123
Such a cute idea from the Paas Easter Egg folks. The original recipe used mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth, but I have used capers instead. You will need a small sandwich bag for this recipe. Enjoy!
- 12 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 24 capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook eggs about 10 minutes. Run cold water over to cool down quickly.
- Peel hard boiled eggs.
- Halve each egg lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a medium bowl, reserving the egg whites.
- Mash the yolks and add mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne; season with salt and black pepper.
- Fill yolk mixture into a small sandwich bag, cutting a small opening in the corner of the baggie. Gently squeeze the bag to pipe the yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
- Use the capers for the eyes and mouth.
- Cut the carrots and celery to make whiskers and ears(you can interchange them).