1/16 Photos of Bunny Bread W/Dip in Tummy!
I can't wait to make this for Easter! Bunny-shaped bread with a hollowed out tummy filled with dip! All surrounded by fresh veggies and crackers for dipping! From Quick Cooking magazine, 2002!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut a fourth off of one loaf of dough; shape into a pear to form head.
- 2For body, flatten remaining portion into a 7x6" oval; place on a greased baking sheet.
- 3Place head above body.
- 4Make narrow cuts, about 3/4" deep, on each side of head for whiskers.
- 5Cut second loaf into 4 equal portions.
- 6For ears, shape 2 portions into 16" ropes; fold in half.
- 7Arrange ears with open ends touching head.
- 8Cut a third portion of dough in half; shape into a 3 1/2" oval for back paws.
- 9Cut two 1" slits on top edge for toes.
- 10Position on each side of body at bottom.
- 11Divide fourth portion of dough into 3 pieces.
- 12Shape two pieces into 2 1/2" balls for front paws; shape the remaining piece into two 1" balls for cheeks and one 1/2" ball for nose.
- 13Place paws on each side of body at top of body.
- 14Place cheeks and nose on face. Add raisins for eyes and almond for teeth. *You can secure cheeks and nose with pieces of toothpick to hold in place. You can also use a halved white jelly bean instead of the almonds if desired. *Do not use the jelly bean though until just before serving, or it will melt a little and get grainy. (So place the teeth on just before serving.).
- 15Brush dough with egg.
- 16Cover and let rise for about 30-35 minutes or til doubled.
- 17Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes til golden brown.
- 18Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 19Place bread on a lettuce-lined 16x13" tray.
- 20Cut a 5x4" oval in center of body.
- 21Hollow out bread leaving a shell.
- 22Cut bread into cubes for dipping.
- 23Line hole in belly with lettuce leaves, fill with dip.
- 24Surround entire bunny with bread cubes, fresh veggies and crackers for dipping.
- 25*That is to be 2 (1 lb.) loaves of bread dough, there must be a glitch because it won't go through!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bunny Bread W/Dip in Tummy!
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough