Recipe by Rita~
This can be made into a roll. It's filled with raisins Chocolate chips and cinnamon and sugar! A little secret remember you are in control of the dough. If any problems do zaar mail me and I'll walk you through. I came up with this because I had extra dough from making poppy seed rolls. Using what decorations I had on hand. The M&m's run so place them on after baking using icing to adhear.
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (body temp)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fast-rising active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly mixed with water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread ingredients in order according to manufactures directions of your machine.
- Press the dough cycle and let process for a bit if it needs more water slowly add.
- Set for dough cycle.
- Meanwhile mix butter and sugar together and set aside.
- Mix raisins, chips and cinnamon together and set aside.
- When dough is ready punch down.
- Pinch 4 pieces (2 ears and 2 feet) of dough the size of a golf ball; 2 pieces (hands)1/2 the size of a golf ball; 2 pieces (cheeks)1/4 size of a golf ball.
- Make a flat disk out of each, place a tiny amount of the butter mixture and 1 chip and 1 raisin on each; bring up the side to enclose and make balls out of them, except for the ears shape into bunny ears, set aside.
- Roll rest of dough on a very lightly floured surface (a sil pad works great) into 18 x 8 rectangle.
- Spread the butter/sugar mixture on the dough.
- Sprinkle the raisin/ chip mixture on the butter. Bring up the long sides over into a wide roll tucking head edge down and bottom up.
- Tighten the neck area in shaping the head smaller then the body.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Pinch the ears on the head arranging where you would like them.
- The cheeks go next together on the lower part of the head have them touching using some of the egg wash to adhere.
- Place the hands on the chest adhereing with eggwash.
- And the feet at the bottom adhere with eggwash. I used peanuts for the toes but use what you like.
- Brush egg wash on the whole exposed surface of bunny and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 30 minutes.
- FYI-If the hands, feet, cheeks come off during baking you can adhear them to the bunny after cooled with decorating icing. And if they do come off they may be bake so they can be removed from oven if done. My bunny`s ears opened up so they looked really full and cool!
- Have fun and decorate as you want.