Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I would put this in the catagory of a "gourmet" type mustard. It has a spicy, smooth flavor and is especially good on ham, corned beef and pastrami sandwiches. Prep time does not include overnight standing time, or cooling time.
- 1 (4 ounce) can dry mustard (Colman's)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- Mix together the dry mustard and vinegar and let stand overnight.
- Beat in the eggs, sugar and salt and cook in a double boiler until thick, then cool.
- Cool about 1 hour.
- When cool beat in the mayonnaise.
- For a stronger, hotter mustard you can use less mayonnaise, or more for a lighter, milder mustard.
- Store in refrigerator.