Recipe by ~Nimz~
The original recipe comes from the Palmer Ranch House and slightly altered for our taste.
Top Review by Chic Geek
Excellent! So flavorful and moist. Best meatloaf I've had. I'm not one for spicy food so next time I will mix 1 tbs chili sauce with 3 tablespoons of ketchup. Also, just as it's done cooking, I remove the bacon and melt a good cheddar cheese on top under the broiler for a crisp. It was a crowd pleaser.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb pork sausage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 4 slices raw bacon
- 3 -4 tablespoons chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except last 4.
- Dissolve bouillon in the boiling water and add mixture. Shape into a loaf and place in greased meatloaf baking pan.
- Top with the chili sauce and bacon strips.
- After meat has baked approximately 25 minutes drain some of the grease off and return to oven for remaining time.
- Bake in moderate (350 degree)oven 50-60 minutes.