Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
All the flavor of your favorite beans, in a semi-sweet sauce. Good with cornbread.
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on towel.
- Fry onion and hamburger in bacon fat until brown.
- Now place crumbled bacon, hamburger, onion and beans in a large casserole dish.
- Don't drain meat or liquid from beans. (I prefer to drain meat fats, but save the liquid from beans, you're option).
- Stir and add brown sugar, vinegar and ketcup.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.