Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
While searching the web I came across this recipe. I've yet to make it but it sounds wonderful and I just had to share.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 large peach, seeded and diced
- 4 prunes, seeded and snipped in 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced dried apricots
- 1 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In mixer bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and orange juice.
- Mix at medium-low speed for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the peach, plums, apricots, dates, sugar, cardamom.
- Spoon half the batter in prepared pan.
- Spread about 3/4 fruit mixture over.
- Top with remaining batter and fruit mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice with a serrated knife.
- Freezes well.