Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My sister used to make this when her kids were younger. I'm posting it here so I don't lose the recipe. I think my little boy would love this stuff. Prep time does not include time to boil eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 hamburger buns
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread on hamburger buns.
- Broil until cheese is melted and golden brown.
This is a good way to use up extra hard boiled eggs. I didn't have ketchup in the house so I added some roasted red peppers for a dash of color. I also did not add in the 4 tablespoons of oil for the sake of my waistline. DH enjoyed it broiled and it is also a good sandwich spread, cold.