Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love grilled Vietnamese pork. It's great served with rice and nuoc cham!
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 9.85 ml oyster sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 453.59 g pork, thinly sliced
- 16 bamboo skewers
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the honey, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, garlic, spring onions, oyster sauce, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Add the pork, coating the slices well. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, start the barbecue fire. Soak the bamboo skewers.
- When ready to eat, thread the meat strips on the skewers.
- Don't be tempted to overload the skewers; skewers which are too generous will char on the outside by the time the inside is cooked.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for 3 to 4 minutes, brushing the meat with the marinate.
- When browned and cooked, remove from the fire and serve.
These were great. Both my husband and kids (4 and 5) love them! All I had was skinny boneless pork chops, so I didnt skewer them. Just marinated for 36 hours and then used a grill pan. Served with tomato rice and stir-fried cabbage. Will be making again for Tet.
When sister#2 says, "No more carbs and are you ready to diet?", I like to respond with "I hate you and your family AND your dogs." Needless to say, we're low carbing this week...nobody else, just us...uughhhhhh