Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe I watched Aaron McCargo Jr make on Food Network. It looked amazing! I HAD to make it and it was soooooo good. I am submitting the recipe as he wrote it, but I made a few changes. First, I doubled it into a 9x13 pan which I sprayed instead of buttering. I didn't double the olive oil. I used petite diced tomatoes and let them cook down a bit. I cubed raw chicken breast and sauteed it with a bit of onion and garlic and added it with the gnocchi as written. I used regular mozzarella instead of smoked. Just little changes that really didn't change the recipe. Enjoy! It is delicious.
- butter, for baking dish
- 1 (12 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, strained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasted chicken, diced
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly butter an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions.
- In a large deep saute pan over medium-high hear, add the oil.
- Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic begins to brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and parsley. Reduce heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add the gnocchi and chicken. Toss well to combine.
- Mix in the mozzarella and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and nicely browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, garnish with the basil leaves and serve.