Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a good recipe to use up ripe summer tomatoes! Original source of this recipe is unknown, I inherited it in my Mom's box of recipes. Cook time is chill time.
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 large vidalia onions or 1⁄2 other sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-fried, drained and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss vegetables together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together well the water, sugar, vinegar and oil; pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat; cover and chill 1-4 hours, stirring gently once or twice.
- Just before serving, transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon; sprinkle with bacon.