1/1 Photo of Bumipo's (Buttermilk Potatos)
Jana Steinhagen's Note:
The Potatos with buttermilk are from my home Mecklenburg. In the area of Cologne they eat green beans with buttermilk in a soup. So here is a Marriage of them both.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the potatoes and beans in salted water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2Gently fry the onions and bacon until fragrant and nicely coloured.
- 3Pour away most of the water from the potatos but not all and add the bacon, onions and parsley.
- 4Mix the buttermilk with the tsp of flour and add this to the potatos stirring slowly.
- 5Buttermilk will generally curdle when heated. The flour mixed into it will prevent that.
- 6Season with Salt, Pepper and Savoury Herb (Sariette/ Bohnenkraut).
Nutritional Facts for Bumipo's (Buttermilk Potatos)
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 304.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g