Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This pie features apples, raspberries and rhubarb. Recipe is from Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb or 3 cups frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- In large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca; stir in the rhubarb, apple and raspberries; toss gently to coat.
- Let stand or 15 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 inch beyond edge of plate.
- Spoon filling into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie.
- Cut slits in pastry; place pastry over filling and trim, seal and flute edges.
- Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and ake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.