1 hr 5 mins
This version of bumbleberry pie is the specialty at A La Mode in Vancouver's Granville Island Market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, salt and shortening in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the ingredients become crumbly.
- 2With the motor running, add the cold water until the mixture starts holding together.
- 3Turn out and form into a ball. At this point, you can chill it in the fridge until ready to use.
- 4To make the pie, roll out half the pastry on a lightly floured surface and fit into a 9" pie plate.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Place the rhubarb in a microwavable bowl, cover and microwave on high 50 to 60 seconds or until slightly softened.
- 7In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, apples, blackberries and raspberries.
- 8Combine the sugar, flour and corn starch.
- 9Toss with the fruit to coat evenly.
- 10Transfer to the pie shell, dot with butter and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 11Roll out the remaining pastry.
- 12Moisten the rim and fit over the filling, pressing gently along the rim.
- 13Trim the edge and crimp.
- 14Slash the top to allow the steam to escape.
- 15Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven 15 minutes.
- 16Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and bake 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the filling is bubbly.
- 17Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bumbleberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.4
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 214.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g