1/1 Photo of Bumbleberry Pie
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was in a magazine I received from a friend who lives in Iowa. Thanks Doreen. It's a beautiful magazine. I made one 9" pie and had enough left over to make quite a few tarts. They were being eaten before they were barely out of the oven. I didn't think to count them before they were eaten. I used my own recipe for the crust and had store bought tart shells. It has a wonderful flavour. All my berries and the rhubarb were from frozen and thawed before mixing. Apples of course were fresh. The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups sugar. I only used 1 cup and we even found that a little too sweet for our taste. This is a very simple recipe if you use store bought pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups apples, chopped peeled
- 1 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 -1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1In a bowl combine the fruit, sugar, flour and tapioca, then set aside.
- 3In another bowl combine the flour and salt, cut in shortening until crumbly.
- 4Place egg in measuring cup and add enough milk to measure 2/3 cup.
- 5Add to crumbs and stir just until combined, (don't work too much, you may have to add a bit more flour).
- 6Divide into 3 portions and freeze one for another day.
- 7Roll out remaining 2 portions and place 1 in bottom of pie plate.
- 8Add fruit mixture and cover with top crust.
- 9Seal and crimp if you want a fancy looking pie, then cut slits in top crust.
- 10Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- 11Bake at 350° for about 1 hour till filling is bubbling and crust is brown.
- 12Cool on wire rack. Delicious served with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bumbleberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.1
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 402.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g