Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From "Cake Mix Magic." This cake looks amazing! Starting with a lemon cake mix and adding a medley of berries creates and beautiful blue and purple topped cake! While raspberries, blueberries and strawberries are used in this recipe, you may use any single type or mixture of berries as long as you choose berries of the same size (or cut them to the same size) and maintain the measurement of 4 total cups of fresh berries. Using frozen berries in this recipe may be possible but may turn out quite odd, so it is not recommended. Prep time is an estimate.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (cut them into pieces about the same size as the other berries)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Cool Whip (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F. In a 13-by 9-inch pan, melt butter. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top. Scatter fruit over sugar.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 second). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly over fruit. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes, then turn upside down onto a large platter or a cookie sheet. Serve warm with a generous dollop of Cool Whip, if desired.