Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful winter stuff from the freezer, like summer all over again, and made with sugar sub.
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup strawberry, halved (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- Fruit: Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well, spread in greased 9 inch square cake pan or baking dish.
- Topping: combine flour splenda, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk, stirring until moistened.
- Drop by spoonfuls of batter over fruit, spreading lightly to cover surface.
- Place pan on piece of foil to catch any drips that boil over.
- Bake at 400f degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Serve warm.
- (Vary the berries to suit your own personal taste and what's in season).
This was really tasty!! I had to up the splenda amount as my berries were frozen and not all that sweet, but it turned out great. I'll be making this again!
I really love this recipe, I couldn't stop eating it. I used orange juice as the liquid and I'm glad I did because it added flavour to the recipe.