Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful winter stuff from the freezer, like summer all over again, and made with sugar sub.
Make and share this Bumbleberry Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup strawberry, halved (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- Fruit: Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well, spread in greased 9 inch square cake pan or baking dish.
- Topping: combine flour splenda, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk, stirring until moistened.
- Drop by spoonfuls of batter over fruit, spreading lightly to cover surface.
- Place pan on piece of foil to catch any drips that boil over.
- Bake at 400f degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Serve warm.
- (Vary the berries to suit your own personal taste and what's in season).
This was really tasty!! I had to up the splenda amount as my berries were frozen and not all that sweet, but it turned out great. I'll be making this again!
I really love this recipe, I couldn't stop eating it. I used orange juice as the liquid and I'm glad I did because it added flavour to the recipe.