Recipe by Margo59
Have not had a chance to make this yet, it sounds great. Found the recipe in a Duncan Hines Cake Magic book. Since we are in peak berry season, thought I would post it. One of my favorite pies is bumbleberry, so I hope this is as good.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, sugar, cream cheese, eggs, oil and water.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute to blend, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread half of batter into a grease 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Sprinkle berries on top.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over berries.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or till toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Can serve warm or cool.