1/1 Photo of Bumbleberry Bundt Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a moist, full of fruit high-riser! I just purchased a small bag of frozen mixed berries, and added them in frozen, do not thaw, or use all blueberries if desired, or all raspberries or all blackberries! Because of all the frozen fruit, this cake will take a little longer to bake, so you might want to loosely cover the cake with foil the last 15 minutes or more of baking as to avoid browning. Make certain that your butter, eggs and buttermilk are all at room temperature for this cake, and use all-purpose and also cake flour,it will make a difference in the cakes quality! For a really nice presentation, prepare the recipe in 12 greased mini bundt tins, bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cakes test done, then follow the instructions for glazing the mini cakes, then if desired glaze with white chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature (no subs)
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (use a semi-heaping tablespoon!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature (just warm in the microwave for about 50-60 seconds)
- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup frozen blackberrie
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 3In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- 4Add in the vanilla and lemon zest; mix to combine.
- 5Add in the eggs; beat until light and fully incorporated (about 5 minutes, there should be no sugar granules remaining in the batter).
- 6In a separate bowl sift 2 cups all purpose flour, pastry flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7Add the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- 8In another bowl toss the frozen berries with 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, then fold gently into the batter.
- 9Bake for about 60-70 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- 10Meanwhile for the syrup, stir lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- 11As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, pierce holes in the cake with a large skewer (I use a thin long straw) and then brush the glaze with HALF of the syrup.
- 12Allow the cake to cool 20 minutes, then invert to a large serving plate.
- 13Poke holes on top of the cake and then drizzle with syrup.
- 14Allow to cool before slicing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bumbleberry Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 631.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 65.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g