Fun to make and eat! A great protein-filled nutritious snack for kids. Easy to make; fun for the kids to help. My 5 y/o loves them. This recipe is courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens "Kids Snacks" cookbook, 1985. ***Do not feed honey to anyone under the age of 1 years old, due to the possibility of an allergic reaction.
- In a mixing bowl, mix peanut butter and honey.
- Stir in dry milk powder, sesame seed and wheat germ; mix well.
- Lay wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Using a teaspoon, shape and scoop up 1 tsp of peanut butter mixture into oval shapes, to look like bees.; place on cookie sheet.
- Dip a toothpick into cocoa; press gently across bees to make the stripes.
- Stick 2 almonds slices into each side, for wings.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.