1/1 Photo of Bumble Bees
Fun to make and eat! A great protein-filled nutritious snack for kids. Easy to make; fun for the kids to help. My 5 y/o loves them. This recipe is courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens "Kids Snacks" cookbook, 1985. ***Do not feed honey to anyone under the age of 1 years old, due to the possibility of an allergic reaction.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, mix peanut butter and honey.
- 2Stir in dry milk powder, sesame seed and wheat germ; mix well.
- 3Lay wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- 4Using a teaspoon, shape and scoop up 1 tsp of peanut butter mixture into oval shapes, to look like bees.; place on cookie sheet.
- 5Dip a toothpick into cocoa; press gently across bees to make the stripes.
- 6Stick 2 almonds slices into each side, for wings.
- 7Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Nutritional Facts for Bumble Bees
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g