Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy and good. One day I was ready to make this recipe when I found that I was out of ground meat, so I used a bag of frozen meatballs and the recipe was even better.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen turkey meatballs or 1 (16 ounce) package meatballs, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 ounces jars hormel real bacon bits
- 2 (28 ounce) cansbush's baked beans, any flavor
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped onion, i use frozen chopped
- 1 dash hot sauce, optional
- Mix all ingredients together, pour into crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Goes well with a green salad and cornbread.
This recipe was awesome! I used ground turkey instead of beef or the meatballs and it was excellent. The liquid smoke really added good flavor. We'll certainly do this one again! Thank you!
I was intrigued by the addition of butter and black beans. I love the mix with the regular beans. I did not have any meatballs to use for this recipe, but you can be sure I will do it in the future. What a great idea! Roxygirl Roxygirl in Colo.
I was hesitant to try this and just about chickened out. I am sure glad that I didn't. It was great. Even my picky eater ate it! Yum! I couldn't find turkey meatballs so I just used browned ground turkey. I also added some barbecue sauce. It was great.