Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are just like little peanut butter cup balls. There is a bare circle on the top where the peanut butter shows through and this is the bull's eye (I guess). You could dip the whole thing and have just a chocolate covered ball. Anyway, they are delicious and they make a lot.
Top Review by Mickeymousemom
I used to make these all the time at Christmas and love them. Around here they're called Buckeyes because they look just like the Buckeyes that fall from the Buckeye Tree(the Ohio state tree). :)
PEANUT BUTTER MIXTURE
- 2⁄3 cup butter (soft)
- 1 (1 lb) confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) jar peanut butter
- 1 (3 inch) square paraffin wax
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the peanut butter mixture together well.
- Form into small balls and put in refrigerator over night.
- When ready to dip, use a double boiler and melt the wax, chocolate bits, and the squares of chocolate together.
- Using a toothpick (I sometimes use a fork so I don't have to get rid of the toothpick hole), insert it into the middle of the ball and dip in the chocolate mixture about 7/8 of the way, leaving a small eye at the top.
- Put on wax paper to cool.