Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a copycat recipe that comes close to the taste of Bull's Eye Original Barbecue Sauce. It's sweet and spicy. This is the only barbecue sauce that I use now.
- 236.59 ml Heinz ketchup
- 88.74 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.16 ml butter
- 44.37 ml distilled white vinegar
- 14.79 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 44.37 ml yellow onions, finely minced
- 19.71 ml hickory liquid smoke
- 1.23 ml Tabasco sauce
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml table salt
- Combine all ingredients in a 2-qt sauce pan. Mix well.
- Simmer over very low heat for 15-minutes, stirring occasionally.
This is a GREAT recipe, the family loved it. We're trying to get away from store-bought sauces; this is the 3rd recipe I've tried and it's a keeper. I used a grater for the onions, and followed the recipe exactly. Note that it does have a different taste when it's hot, as opposed to cold, but most bbq sauces do. My husband said it tastes exactly like Bull's-Eye (our favorite). I thought it was extremely close, but not exact, however it was just as good and I'll definitely make it again. Thank you!!